Monday, September 23, 2013

Martha's Vineyard Film Festival

Last year, I missed one of my favorite film festivals, in Martha's Vineyard, because of the birth of our son, Lucas.

Also, this year I was too busy trying to finish my new feature "Cheatin'" to be actively involved in the organizing of their animation program.  But, thankfully, Noelle Melody and Joy Vaccese put together an excellent program or animated shorts, including my film "Drunker Than a Skunk".

Luckily, my wife and son and I were able to attend the festival and we had a ball!

The programming was wonderful, with full houses and Richard Paradise (the festival director) was able to inaugurate his brand-new Martha's Vineyard Film Center Theater.

For anyone who loves great films, beautiful locations and delicious seafood, you have to go to the Martha's Vineyard Film Festival in Vineyard Haven.  One of the fun events was the filmmakers' brunch, where I got to meet the great Wes Craven. 


We chatted about his life in films and then we spotted this huge yacht (ocean liner) with a helicopter on the rear deck - and we came to find out it belongs to Oprah Winfrey!

The Vineyard has become a real hotspot for celebrities and presidents - so please, send your film to Richard Paradise at the Martha's Vineyard Film Festival.  Who knows, maybe Oprah will be in the audience!

No comments:

Post a Comment