Thursday, October 18, 2012

New York Comic Con



Once again, it was time for the New York Comic Con, and now that I'm a responsible father with a 3-week old child, I had to cut down on my booth time.  However, I was able to spend a few hours each day at the table selling merch, especially my new book, “Make Toons That Sell Without Selling Out” from Focal Press.  

And I was able to cruise the convention to see some of my friends – I visited Bob Camp (“Ren & Stimpy”), Larry Hama (“G.I. Joe”), Bobby and Kei Chui from Toronto and illustrators Tom Hachtman, Felipe Galindo and Randy Jones.

Thank God, they gave us a much better booth location than last year, when we were hidden behind the Marvel/DC juggernaut and too close to the garbage landing.  But even though we were much more visible, we were stuck among the toy vendors – what does that have to do with animation?  I don't know.  Some people said we were the only animation booth (indie or corporate) at the convention.













Regardless, we did pretty fair business, and it's always fun to meet my fans and talk about animation.  

2 comments:

  1. Yesss! Congratulations Bill and Sandrine. Responsible fatherhood seems very natural on you, Bill. It looks like you guys were surrounded by iconic well-wishers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a grand time. Great looking baby!

    All the best to you all!

    James M

    ReplyDelete