Thursday, January 19, 2012

Kodak Focus on Animation

Image from "Paths of Hate"

For the 8th year, I think, Signe Baumane and I put together the best animated shorts from around the world for our annual Kodak screening.

This screening has been such a popular event that it sells out immediately! Our good friends Anne Hubbell, Susan and Dewitt are always so hospitable and welcoming to our January cartoon show. They put out a great spread, then we moved to the fancy screening room where it was standing room only.

There were the usual celebrated films “Luminaris”, “Paths of Hate” and “The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore”. But we put in some surprises: a clip from Signe’s new feature film “Rocks in my Pocket” that looks and sounds fantastic! David Levy’s new short and a delightful film I discovered at the Burbank Festival called “Notes on Biology” by Danny Madden.

After the screening we all trekked down to Billy Mark’s Bar and got drunk and talked about our favorite film and ripped apart our least favorites.

I love introducing new artists and films to audiences and I believe that’s why I enjoy so much doing the Kodak Show.

Thanks to everyone at Kodak!

No comments:

Post a Comment