Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Scale with Ron Mueck...

Scale is power. Ron Mueck utilizes this concept throughout his amazingly realistic and often disturbing sculptures. I was thrilled to learn that some of his background is in film, transitioning into fine art in the late 90's. I've always been proud of my own background in television production, and i love to learn that other fine artists have similar histories. If you haven't seen some of his work in person, he's def worth seeking out. Mueck's early career was as a model maker and puppeteer for children's television and films, notably the film Labyrinth for which he also contributed the voice of Ludo, and the Jim Henson series The Storyteller.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this....Mueck is one of my favorites. I just recently discovered Jim Henson's The Storyteller via Netflix Instant.

    ReplyDelete